• Welcome to Newbury Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

More Time For Recycling In Newbury

Started by Administrator, March 19, 2014, 08:24:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

More Time For Recycling In Newbury

Longer opening hours will be in place from Tuesday 1 April 2014 at the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) on Newtown Road, Newbury, managed by Veolia Environmental Services on behalf of West Berkshire Council

The opening hours are 8.30am until 7.30pm from 1 April until 30 September.  This matches the longer daylight hours during the spring and summer, making it easier for residents to use the site alongside their own schedules. 

Residents can also take their recycling to the recycling centre in Padworth, Reading. The opening hours are 12:30pm until 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am until 6:00pm Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. 

For more information on both these sites please visit www.westberks.gov.uk/waste.

For more information about your waste services in West Berkshire, please visit www.westberks.gov.uk/waste, email customerservices@westberks.gov.uk or telephone 01635 519080.

Old Goat

Thanks for that.  I have to say this facility is much much better than the old one.  Added to which the staff are friendly; on two visits they've helped me unload awkward items.  Similarly, although I've been at peak times, I did queue, but never for long.