Author Topic: Oldbury's opening a new delicatessen in Newbury - February 2014  (Read 6879 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oldbury's opening a new delicatessen in Newbury - February 2014
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:02:55 am »
Oldbury's opening a new delicatessen in Newbury - February 2014

"Oldbury's are dedicated to bringing back quality and choice to our high streets. Traditional food retail redefined for modern tastes and needs.

The Finest of English and Continental Cheeses and Charcuterie, olives, speciality foods and ingredients, high quality coffee roasts, original and exciting teas and more chocolate than you can shake a stick at. Check out the cafe in the back for our unique soups, deli platters, fresh baguettes and tascas.

Our first store is due on the High Street in Newbury, Berkshire February 2014."

Elizabeth

• View Profile
Re: Oldbury's opening a new delicatessen in Newbury - February 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »
Do we need another place like this in Newbury??

blackdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:32 pm »
Do we need another place like this in Newbury??
Where is there anywhere like this in Newbury at present?

Old Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:00:37 pm »
There is a small shop in Market Place that is like a mini 7/11 which sells odd (but very nice) things.  Isn't there also a Cheese shop in Inches Yard? Haven't been there for ages, so can't remember.  This one seems like a full blown deli, looks As if it will be different and something we haven't got right now.  Can't wait!

quiet man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »
I've just followed one of their adds on Facebook and it all looks exciting and very different to what we have in Newbury. You can't find good cured meat very easily and quality fresh olives you can totally forget at the moment.

There is the little Cheese shop in Weavers walk which is superb and well worth a look, but these guys appear to be on a much bigger scale.

Does anyone know if they are a chain or just a little one-shop outfit?

Old Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »
I can't remember where I saw it, the glossy mag. that comes with NWN I think, but I seem to recall it's the first in what the owners hope will be a chain.  They thought Newbury would be a good place to start.  What they say looks really good, I really hope they succeed.  Quite agree about the cheese shop, we need to look after these ventures. 

john1949red

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 08:17:10 pm »
Olburys Deli is now open with plenty of interest over the past two days with plenty of people trying and purchasing the goods on offer.  Please visit the store (try the great coffee and cake)