• Welcome to Newbury Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Newbury Market 1956 - Memories of an 18 year old airman stationed at Greenham.

Started by Administrator, July 21, 2015, 12:49:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

Newbury Market 1956 - Memories of an 18 year old airman stationed at Greenham.

My name is Aaron Kroun, the year was 1956, I was a young 18-year-old Yank stationed at the Air Base.

It was the time of the Hungarian revolt and the Suez crisis. I was in a B-47 bomber squadron temporarily assigned to Greenham Common Air Base. I spent 3-1/2 months in Newbury.

I don't know the people in the photo. However, I do have another snapshot of a Bobby in Newbury who was kind enough to pose for the image. I will post it soon.

I will always remember the time I spent in the UK. I met so many kind and wonderful people in Newbury. I especially remember a bloke named Arthur who worked in the milk bar in town. He always had a tale and a joke to share.

DISCLAIMER - All of the materials and data offered on this site are for informational and educational purposes only. All images and other media are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and non commercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.