• Welcome to Newbury Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Driving on one headlamp - So many cars in Newbury with faulty headlights.

Started by BrianB, December 17, 2014, 11:09:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianB

It does appear that approximately one in twenty (5%) of vehicles being driven in and around Newbury have faulty lights. There is no excuse for this with modern cars, there is a visual display to indicate problems like this.

Don

Quote from: BrianB on December 17, 2014, 11:09:41 am
It does appear that approximately one in twenty (5%) of vehicles being driven in and around Newbury have faulty lights. There is no excuse for this with modern cars, there is a visual display to indicate problems like this.

I agree. The amount of cars I see, not just in Newbury, but across the country is quite unbelievable. It happened to me once and I had to drive home on full beam, I then got them fixed as soon as possible.

Number 6

It used to be easy to change a headlamp bulb yourself but unfortunately now it seems to be a garage job which costs a fortune. Some cars require the bumper to be removed along with the complete headlamp assembly or the wheel arch liner. A single bulb can cost as much as £200 to replace (are you listening Renault) which is quite shameful and maybe explains why so many cars have just one headlight functioning ! Fortunately my old jalopy is straightforward so a quick trip to Halfords is all that's required. I must be careful when it eventually needs replacing to not buy a Renault. :)
Be seeing you ;-)

Old Goat

Good point!  I have to say I found the build quality on my Renault absolutely dreadful.  And we used to slag off BL!