• Welcome to Newbury Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Best Wishes for all who contribute here

Started by Number 6, December 31, 2014, 10:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Number 6

As the New Year approaches I would like to send my best wishes to all who have contributed recently, along with myself, to encourage Brian to keep the forum going.  Whilst wishing for a better 2015 I have an underlying sense that things will be turbulent and tricky in the next year and having this place where sensible commentary and exchange of thoughts and ideas can take place is a valuable resource. If ,like me, your Christmas has been dominated by the nasty flu bug doing the rounds which has laid most of my extended family low over the festive period then lets hope that all recover quickly. 

Be seeing you .
Be seeing you ;-)

BrianB

Thanks for the good wishes Number 6. I have no immediate plans to "ditch" the forum. I just wish that I could find the time to create interesting topics to debate. We seem to have a very loyal band of supporters albeit very small in number.

Our local newspaper have started the New Year with a sneaky increase in the price. A 5p increase to 80p per week not a massive increase but I would have expected a couple of column inches to explain the reason. If there was an apology somewhere in the paper, I couldn't find it, perhaps they were hoping that we wouldn't notice.

It's going to be an interesting year with elections both national and local. I wish I had a crystal ball to see what will happen with the local elections here in Newbury. We currently have a very poor representation amongst the executive councillors at West Berkshire Council. The Executive is dominated by councillors from places like Lambourn and Pangbourne. What effect will UKIP have on the local political landscape?

May I take this opportunity to wish our loyal band of supporters a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Old Goat

All the best for the New Year; who knows interest may will grow with the upcoming 'special event'!  Anyway, thanks for persevering BrianB - it's appreciated.

Elizabeth

Happy New Year to you all....Although the paper had increased in price it was much thinner and nothing of interest in it.

I look forward to the coming year and thanks Brian for letting us all keep in touch.

Don