• Welcome to Newbury Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:12 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Maunder minimum

Started by Number 6, January 18, 2014, 11:58:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Number 6

I seem to remember that there used to be forum poster who some time back predicted that we could be heading for a mini ice age caused by a new maunder minimum event. Was much derided at the time over his postings on all kinds of topics but it may be that he was more switched on than he was given credit for. Drove a Maserati I seem to remember. Kudos.
Be seeing you ;-)

only me

Quote from: Number 6 on January 18, 2014, 11:58:32 amDrove a Maserati I seem to remember. Kudos.

He went by the name of VBird.  Oracle on every subject matter under the sun, even when he was wrong.  Threads could last for weeks while he was battling with other posters with contrary views....  (he beat most posters into submission by always needing to have the last word on every thread...)

Number 6

Ah yes,that was the chap. Seem to remember things could get quite vitriolic at times especially when confronted by what he took for lesser mortals who stuck to their guns and refused to be browbeaten.  None the less was one of the more entertaining and prolific posters who's knowledge and intellect made for some lively threads. Good to have a new poster join the few who so far dare to pontificate on here so a warm welcome only me. Now if we could just encourage a few more to join our ranks ?
Be seeing you ;-)